Call Us Today:
(202) 862-4360

Military Discharge Upgrade Lawyers

Discharge and Separation Defense

Involuntary Separations are usually processed with the intent to have the service member separated with a less than honorable discharge, such as a general discharge or an other than honorable (OTH). Upon separation, your DD 214 becomes your resume to future employers. A discharge that is less than honorable may impact your ability to become gainfully employed. It can also impact your eligibility for certain veterans’ benefits. It requires dedication and hard work to become a member of the world’s most elite military. If you have served honorably, you deserve an honorable discharge.

Military Discharge Upgrades

Receiving anything other than an honorable discharge from any branch of military service can have serious repercussions on the rest of your life. Not only can your VA benefits be negatively affected, you may also find it difficult to acquire employment. It is important that you contact a skilled court martial lawyer as soon as you can to assist you in successfully pursuing a discharge upgrade request. Your future is at stake. The firm will use all available resources to help you achieve a favorable result so you can confidently move toward a brighter future. Discharge upgrade requests are heard by the Discharge Review Board. They will examine a case to determine if an upgrade can be granted.

Several factors will be considered including:

  • The reason for the discharge
  • The length of time that has passed since the discharge
  • Your record of community service
  • Your employment record
  • Your general conduct
  • Educational achievements
  • Family relationships
  • Reference letters

Preparing a Discharge Review Case

Preparing your case for the Discharge Review Board can be challenging at the best of times. The attorneys at the Federal Practice Group are well-versed in the filing deadlines and procedures. They can help you gather the materials necessary to establish why you qualify for a discharge upgrade. People who have gone on to lead productive and responsible lives following a discharge may have a realistic chance to receive a discharge upgrade. The firm will work hard on your behalf and energetically seek the outcome you desire.

A discharge upgrade can open doors and lead to a brighter tomorrow for you and your family. The firm understands how important this is to you. They care about their clients and are committed to providing tenacious and effective representation. Don't face this matter alone. The skilled team of lawyers at FPG has more than a century of combined experience helping military personnel and federal employees. Let us put our proven track-record of success to work for you. If you have adverse administrative action, we can help. Contact us today! 


The proven attorneys at The Federal Practice Group have over a century of combined experience successfully assisting federal employees through the most difficult periods of their lives and careers.



Fighting for Justice

Connect with us in our D.C., Oklahoma, or California offices by calling the office number below. We'll provide you with the guidance and representation you need.

Do You Want to...