Internationally Recognized Trial Attorneys



It may be of great benefit to your company to look in the international labor pool to fill certain jobs. Depending on education, experience, and expertise, a potential employee from another country might be the perfect match for a position you need to fill. However, strict laws and quotas on immigration and naturalization in the United States pose a major barrier for businesses seeking to hire foreigners. The performance of your company may suffer in the absence of the right talent and without the guidance of an experienced international lawyer, you may not be able to fill the position when you need it.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) does provide a path for foreign nationals to move to this country for work, provided that the hiring company and the individual can meet certain criteria, including proof that your company cannot practically hire a local employee with the same ability and expertise as the prospective employee. Further, the employer must complete and submit a labor certification request (Form ETA 750) on behalf of the applicant and submit it to the Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration for review and approval. The company must also file a Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140), acting as a sponsor for the applicant. If the prospective employee is approved, he or she will receive a green card, allowing you to hire them to work in this country legally. After 5 years of permanent residency in the United States your employee will be eligible to apply for naturalization.


At The Federal Practice Group you will find a team of attorneys with extensive experience, ready to help you with the application process so that you can hire the right employee for the job. Obtaining green cards based on employment often depends on the quality of the application. The attorneys at the firm can help you prepare an effective argument for the immigration of the person you want to hire, increasing the chances of approval. They will work diligently to see that you are able to meet your demands for qualified personnel, wherever in the world you need to find them.

Contact an international attorney if your business needs help securing a green card for a foreign national employee.