Internationally Recognized Trial Attorneys
Immigration attorney Virginia
When you are having issues related to a U.S. visa, U.S. citizenship, immigration benefits, or green cards, it is imperative that you have the help of an immigration attorney in Virginia. The Federal Practice Group Worldwide Service, can help you understand the immigration issues that you may be facing.
Instances Where You Should Consult With a Virginia Immigration Attorney
While there are certain issues that may not warrant the help of a Virginia immigration attorney, there are a number of situations that warrant a consultation. Hiring an immigration attorney may not only be valuable, but necessary. Consult with an immigration attorney in Virginia if:
- You are seeking asylum or some type of discretionary relief. The government considers these types of requests to be an exception to what they typically offer. When this is the case, a immigration attorney in the state of Virginia can help you argue your case.
- You are applying for a green card and are not sure if you are eligible or not. Consulting with an immigration attorney from Virginia can help this process.
- You have been notified by the government that you will be deported or removed from the U.S.
- The government deported you from the U.S. in the past and you would like to start the application process for return.
- You are hoping to move to the U.S. because an employer has offered you a job but they have not assisted you in any way regarding the immigration process, or the paperwork.
- A court has convicted you of a criminal offense in the past and you are attempting to enter, or re-enter the U.S.
Preparing to Meet with an Immigration Attorney from Virginia
When you initially meet with your Virginia immigration attorney, you will probably want to bring any relevant documents that relate to your immigration case. These kinds of documents may include:
- Your marriage certificate
- Your criminal record (if applicable)
- Your visa(s)
- Your passport
- Any notices you might have received from the immigration authorities
It is imperative that while you are talking with a Virginia immigration attorney that you remain as open and transparent as possible so they know precisely how to help you with your case.
Managing a Criminal Record
While it can be very hard to get a green card, or to receive permanent resident status when a court has convicted you of a crime, it is not impossible. This can also work against you if you left the U.S. for any reason and are attempting to re-enter. Because many immigration matters can take long periods of time, you should seek help from your Virginia immigration attorney as soon as possible since when you are experiencing any type of immigration emergency.
The Right Virginia Immigration Attorney For You
If you are seeking help for immigration issues, it’s best to set up a consultation to review your case with an immigration attorney in Virginia. Please contact the caring, and compassionate Virginia immigration attorneys at The Federal Practice Group Worldwide Service to help you with your case.