The Federal Practice Group proudly represents clients from around the world who wish to relocate to Washington D.C. and other locations throughout the U.S. Every DC immigration lawyer on our legal team offers extensive knowledge and skill to handle even the most complex of cases. If you prefer to work with a DC visa lawyer who is compassionate toward clients and passionate in seeking a positive resolution of both complex and straightforward immigration matters, call us for a consultation. We are also skilled in providing quality legal defense and litigation services.
The types of cases our DC visa lawyer team handles on a regular basis include the following:
- An adjustment of status. If you are a visitor to the U.S., or a non-immigrant worker, and you wish to change the status of your visa to lawful permanent resident, we can assist you. This process will allow you to obtain a “green card” that enables you to reside permanently within the U.S.
- A change of status. If you are an immigrant and wish to change your status from one type of non-immigrant visa to another kind of visa, we can assist you. This is applicable when a person has a certain type of visa such as a student visa and wishes to change it to a work visa.
- Citizenship application. As an immigrant, you may obtain U.S. citizenship through the process known as “naturalization.” We can assist you in obtaining derivative citizenship as well as acquired citizenship which are two types of naturalization.
- Consular visa processing. If you would like to apply for a U.S. visa while you are outside the boundary of the U.S., as a foreign natural you must undergo processing at your local U.S. embassy or Consulate. Our DC visa lawyer team can assist you in this way to gain legal entry and residence in the U.S. from your home location.
- Consultation and guidance for fulfilling documentation requirements. The U.S. immigration process includes requirements for an extensive amount of documents that must be complete and accurate. This can feel overwhelming and frustrating to the vast number of persons wishing to immigrate to America. When any of the necessary documentation is incomplete or incorrect, it can lead to a denial or months of delays in the application process. Our DC visa lawyer team can assist you in making sure your documentation requirements are properly fulfilled and the application process is as streamlined as possible.
- Authorization for employment. As an immigrant, before you can begin working in the U.S., you must be granted an employment authorization document. In addition, your intended employer must receive a copy of this document and verify that it is correct and accurate. Our immigration lawyer can handle the paperwork on your behalf and ensure that all of the required parties sign off on the agreement so that you can begin your employment in the U.S.
If you are need of assistance with any of the above, or with another matter, do not hesitate to contact our firm today. We will be pleased to provide you with more information about how we can help you.