Internationally Recognized Trial Attorneys
At The Federal Practice Group, our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney in Virginia can help your company lessen the possibility of a court dismissal. We can help you prepare a persuasive appeal based on compelling legal grounds. Our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney can also guide you through the entire litigation process from start to finish. We offer a free consultation so that you can share the details of your case and learn how we might help your company achieve its goal.
A common reason for why an appeal case may be dismissed or denied is due to jurisdictional issues. In regard to claims that contractors submit to the federal government, the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals may not possess the legal authority to hear a particular case. All federal government agencies with the exception of the Tennessee Valley Authority, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the U.S. Postal Service, the Postal Rate Commission, and the Department of Defense along with its subsidiary agencies all fall under the National Defense Authorization Act. As a result, the Contract Disputes Act provides the Court the authority to deny a claim under some circumstances because of jurisdiction issues.
- Our Virginia Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney can verify which agency has the authority to rule on your appeals submission even before you file it. This can prevent your company from wasting valuable personnel time and other resources and reduce the risk of missing critical deadlines due to unnecessary delays.
- Our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney in Virginia can review your case and determine if it merits an appeal submission.
- Our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney can verify whether or not you have preserved or exhausted your company’s right to file an appeal with the appropriate lower court level.
- Our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney can verify whether or not you have fulfilled the requirements of the Contract Disputes Act prior to filing your claim with the Contracting Officer.
- Our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney can help your company avoid the common procedural issues that cause many appeals to be denied or dismissed entirely.
Virginia Civilian Board of Contract Appeals Attorney
Our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney in Virginia provides a number of legal services, including the following:
- Civilian Board of Contract Appeals jurisdiction disputes
- Disputes under the Contract Disputes Act
- Termination for Default cases
- Federal contract claim appeal after lower court appeals have been exhausted
- Disputes regarding construction contracts
- Construction scope changes and differing worksite conditions
- Quantum cases
- Equitable compensation adjustments
- Subcontractor contract claims and disputes
- Contract litigation for general services
- Insightful, proactive legal guidance to help your company make informed decisions about whether or not to move forward with filing an appeal.
If you would like to speak with our Civilian Board of Contract Appeals attorney Virginia contractors recommend about appealing your case, contact The Federal Practice Group today for a free consultation.