Call Us Today:
(202) 862-4360

Attorney Monica Molnar Explains How the Management Directive 110 Can Help EEO Complainants

Written by: Federal Practice Group
Written by: Federal Practice Group

News & Media

Guest Blog

Has your supervisor treated you unfairly? Have they discriminated or retaliated against you? If so, you may be interested in filing an equal employment opportunity (EEO) complaint against them. If you choose to do so, you may find yourself willing to settle during the dispute resolution process. During this stage, many become frightened that their supervisor will be selected to negotiate the settlement. However, you do not have to fear this occurrence anymore.

A recent update issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions, Management Directive 110, disallows any management official who is involved with the case to have authority over the decision of your settlement.

The revised language in Management Directive 110 states that the agency is required to select a person to attend any settlement discussions assembled by a Commission Administrative Judge or to partake in an EEO dispute resolution. The agency should include an official who possesses settlement authority. It is to be noted that the agency official possessing settlement authority cannot be a responsible agency official or management official that is directly involved with that specific case. Involved parties can be present but may not have settlement authority.

This change is designed to provide a more just settlement negotiation. In addition, this change can help with federal EEO complainants.

To learn more about how this new change can benefit Federal EEO complainants, read this Federal News Radio article written by Attorney Monica Molnar of The Federal Practice Group.

News & Media

Guest Blog

Share This Story

Our articles are carefully written with current and accurate information, consider sharing it to your social media to aid others in their search for reliable information.

Fighting for Justice

Connect with us in our D.C., Oklahoma, or California offices by calling the office number below. We'll provide you with the guidance and representation you need.

Do You Want to...
uploadmagnifiercrossmenu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram