Caroline Leary, a Senior Associate at The Federal Practice Group, has been featured by Cleared Jobs as a guest contributor on the organization’s blog! Ms. Leary’s article, titled Security Clearances, 2016 in Review, covers the numerous policy changes regarding security clearance and the impact that these changes will likely have on security clearance holders in 2017.
Some of the many topics covered in-depth in the article include:
- The classifying of social media accounts as open to review in security clearance determinations
- Changes to Question 21 on SF 86 relating to psychological and emotional health
- The President’s ultimate authority in making security clearance decisions
The article provides further insight into the impact that incoming President-elect Donald Trump may have on security clearance issues, as well as the government’s changing attitudes on mental health and wellness in regards to a person’s ability to hold a national security position.
To read the full article, click here.
TOP-RATED SECURITY CLEARANCE ADVOCACY FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYEES
At The Federal Practice Group, our team of trial-tested security clearance attorneys have been hand-picked to provide the most high-quality and comprehensive legal representation to our clients. Backed by intimate familiarity with government screening processes and the expertise of a former administrative judge from the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA), our firm’s advocates are capable of handling all varieties of complex security clearance-related legal matters, including:
- Department of Defense and federal agency clearance
- Military security clearance
- Security clearance denials and revocations
- Federal contractor security clearance
For more information about our firm’s services or to find out how we can assist you with your legal matter, we invite you to contact us online or call us today at (202) 862-4360. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, we can provide the support you need to ensure your interests are guarded.