Call Us Today:
(202) 862-4360

Non-Immigrant Visas Attorneys

Attorneys Experienced in Immigration Law

In the US, non-immigrant visas are given to foreign nationals who need to be granted temporary residence within the United States. Immigrant visas, on the other hand, are for people who intend to stay in the United States more permanently. The Federal Practice Group has a team of attorneys who are experienced with a diverse set of immigration cases. We know how to get you through whatever visa issue you may be having.

Types of U.S. non-immigrant visas

All foreign nationals traveling to the United States should always have these three documents on hand:

  1. A passport issued by his or her home country
  2. An entry visa stamped on the passport (the new ones are machine readable and computer stamped; the old ones are hand-stamped)
  3. The type of US non-immigrant visa stamped on the passport and written in the upper right-hand corner of the I-94

The different classifications include a wide range of student visas and temporary workers visas:

  • A-1 Visa: Ambassador, public minister, career diplomatic or consular officer, member of the immediate family
  • A-2 Visa: Other foreign government official or employee, immediate family members.
  • A-3 Visa: Attendant, servant, or personal employee of A-1or A-2 & members of immediate family
  • B-1(See also H1B / B-1 in Lieu of H-1B) Visas: Temporary visitor for business
  • B-2 Visa:  Temporary visitor for pleasure
  • B-1/B-2 Visa: Temporary visitor for business and pleasure
  • C-1/D Visa:  Combined Transit and Crewman Visa
  • E-1 Visa: Treaty Trader, spouse and children
  • E-2 Visa: Treaty Investor, spouse and children
  • F-1 Visa: Student (academic or language training program)
  • F-2 Visa: Spouse and Children of F-1
  • G-1 Visa: Principal resident representative of recognized government to international organization (& immediate family)
  • G-2 Visa: Same as G-1 for other than principal representative
  • G-3 Visa: Same as G-1 or G-2 for non-recognized government
  • G-4 Visa: International organization officer or employee and members of immediate family
  • G-5 Visa: Attendant, servant, or personal employee of G1 through G-4 Classes
  • H-1A Visa: Registered nurse
  • H-1B (See also H1B / B-1 in Lieu of H-1B) Visa: Alien in specialty occupation (profession)
  • H-2A Visa: Agricultural worker performing agricultural services unavailable in the United States
  • H-2B Visa: Agricultural worker performing other services unavailable in the United States
  • H-3 Who Can Use This Visa: Trainee
  • H-4 Visa: Spouse and child of H-1, 2 or 3
  • I Visa: Representative of foreign informational media, spouse and children
  • J-1 (See also J1 Waivers) Visa: Exchange visitor
  • J-2 Visa: Spouse or child of J-1
  • K-1 Visa: Fiancé of U.S. citizen
  • K-2 Visa: Children of K-1 alien
  • L-1 Visa: Intra-company transferee
  • L-2 Visa: Spouse or children of L-1
  • M-1 Visa: Student (vocational or other recognized non-academic)
  • M-2 Visa: Spouse or children of M-1
  • NATO-1 Visa: Principal permanent representative of member states to NATO & official staff, plus immediate families
  • NATO-2 Visa: Other representatives of members states to NATO, plus immediate families
  • NATO-3 Visa: Official clerical staff accompanying NATO-1 and 2 holders, plus immediate families
  • NATO-4 Visa: NATO officials and immediate families not eligible for NATO-1 visas, plus immediate families
  • NATO-5 Visa: Experts not eligible for NATO-4 status, plus dependents
  • NATO-6 Visa: Civilian component members accompanying NATO force or employed by allied headquarters, plus dependents
  • NATO-7 Visa: Attendant, servant, or personal employee of NATO-1 through 6 alien and immediate family members
  • O-1 Visa: Aliens of extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
  • O-2 Visa: Accompanying alien
  • O-3 Visa: Spouse or child of O-1 or O-2
  • P-1 Visa: Internationally recognized athletes or members of internationally recognized entertainment group
  • P-2 Visa: Artist or entertainer in reciprocal exchange program
  • P-3 Visa: Artist or entertainer in culturally unique program
  • P-4 Visa: Spouse or child of P-1, 2, or 3
  • Q Visa: Participant in international cultural exchange program
  • R-1 Visa: Alien in a religious occupation
  • R-2 Visa: Spouse or child of R-1
  • S-5 Visa: Certain aliens supplying critical information relating to a criminal organization or enterprise
  • S-6 Visa: Certain aliens supplying critical information relating to terrorism
  • S-7 Visa: Qualified family member of S-5 or S-6
  • T Visa: For individuals who are present in the U.S., American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands as the result of trafficking
  • U Visa: Victims of certain crimes
  • V Visa: V visa is for spouses and children of green card holders who have been waiting at least three years to immigrate permanently to the U.S. and whose I-130 petitions were filed on or before December 21, 2000, the date of the enactment of LIFE
  • Traveling on a “Visa Waiver: Because of reciprocity arrangements with the United States, nationals from these countries do not need to apply for a visa at the American Consulate for up to a maximum of 90 days stay in the United States

Our Federal Practice Group immigration team has an in-depth knowledge of the specific procedures and documentation required to complete a successful petition.  We have years of experience behind our backs, and can provide invaluable counsel and support during the confusing and stressful process of obtaining a United States visa. 

To learn more about how we can help you, contact us today to schedule a consultation.


Fighting for Justice

Connect with us in our D.C., Oklahoma, or California offices by calling the office number below. We'll provide you with the guidance and representation you need.

Do You Want to...