Internationally Recognized Federal Law Attorneys
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) COMPLAINTS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION (EEOC) HEARING ATTORNEYS
Federal Employees are protected by laws that guarantee Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). If an employee’s EEO rights are infringed upon, he or she may take the issue to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC can deal with the matter in a number of ways, including Mediation, formal hearings, and Office of Federal Operations (OFO) appeals.
The attorneys at The Federal Practice Group represent federal employees who are facing discrimination, harassment, and/or hostile work environments at all stages of the EEO complaint process, from:
- The informal EEO complaint stage, which can involve EEO Counseling or Mediation/Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- The formal EEO complaint stage, including the agency investigation of your formal complaint of discrimination
- The hearing process before the EEOC, where your case may be heard before an EEOC Administrative Judge in a hearing that is similar to a trial, including live witness testimonies
- The appeal process available at the EEOC’s Office of Federal Operations (OFO)
Our federal employment law team is well versed in the substantive laws protecting federal employees from discrimination, including:
- Title VII — prohibits federal agencies from discriminating against federal employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual harassment, national origin, and retaliation/reprisal for participation in protected activity
- The Rehabilitation Act — prohibits federal agencies from discriminating against federal employees on the basis of disability
- The Equal Pay Act — requires federal agencies to give male and female federal employees equal pay for equal work
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) — prohibits federal agencies from discriminating against federal employees on the basis of age
WHY YOU NEED AN EXPERIENCED EEO COMPLAINT ATTORNEY
You need an attorney familiar with the EEO complaint process if you believe you have been a victim of discrimination within the workplace under a protected class. Certain classes and groups are protected under federal employment law:
- Sex and/or gender
- Nation of origin
- Victims of sexual assault
- Dress and grooming
Discrimination and harassment in the workplace should never be tolerated. That’s where a skilled federal employment lawyer familiar with federal employee EEO complaints can help, regardless of your location.
Discrimination and harassment can have a significantly negative impact on an individual’s life and ability to function in the work environment. The attorneys at The Federal Practice Group can assist you in obtaining the relief you deserve as a result of your federal agency’s violation of an anti-discrimination statute. Such relief may, depending on your particular claim, include:
- Corrective actions, such as reversal of disciplinary records and removal of any evidence from your Official Personnel File
- Equitable relief, such as a reassignment or change in duties
- Back pay and benefits, such as in the case of illegal non-promotions
- Compensatory damages for pain and suffering, harm to your reputation, and out-of-pocket expenses caused by discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and retaliation/reprisal
- Reimbursement of attorney’s fees and costs
THE BENEFITS OF USING A FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEY FOR YOUR EEO COMPLAINT AND EEOC HEARING
Our attorneys have represented federal employees at the EEOC before. We understand how to stand up for our clients and defend their rights during this formative moment in their careers. A battle against the federal government is not easy, but it can be necessary if you are facing discrimination or harassment at work. Our lawyers will assist you throughout every step of the EEO process; contacting an EEO Counselor, filing a formal complaint of discrimination, and providing representation during the investigation of your formal EEO complaint. The Federal Practice Group will also be by your side during the EEOC’s hearing process, which can include settlement negotiations and mediation sessions. Our team will work hard to resolve your complaint so that you can move on with your life and career.
To learn more about what relief may be available to you through an EEO complaint or the EEOC’s hearing process for federal employees, contact The Federal Practice group to schedule a consultation with an attorney today.
CONTACT THE FEDERAL PRACTICE GROUP
The proven attorneys at The Federal Practice Group have over a century of combined experience successfully assisting federal employees through the most difficult periods of their lives and careers.