Federal Employment Law Attorneys
The Federal Practice Group, headquartered in Washington, D.C., includes a team of Federal Employment Law attorneys who represent our federal employee clients nationwide in the full range of federal employment law matters, including:
- EEO/Discrimination Complaints and EEOC Hearings
- Replies to Proposed Disciplinary or Adverse Actions
- MSPB Appeals
- Whistleblower Retaliation and OSC Complaints
Our federal employment law team at The Federal Practice Group provides aggressive and smart legal representation. If you are a federal employee facing discrimination, harassment, a hostile work environment, unjust discipline, or if your job is in jeopardy, The Federal Practice Group can help. We represent government employees at all federal agencies, nationwide and overseas, who are in need of legal assistance in matters including EEO complaints before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), adverse action or other appeal before the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), and whistleblower retaliation or other prohibited personnel practice complaints before the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC).
Some of our recent victories include:
- A decision from the EEOC sustaining the highest known compensatory damages award ever issued nationwide to a federal employee for an EEO complaint ($443,116 )
- Two decisions following hearings before the EEOC finding the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) liable for discrimination and retaliation
- A decision from the EEOC finding the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) liable for pregnancy discrimination
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB reversing an adverse action against a DIA employee wrongfully charged with misconduct
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB reversing the removal of a White House employee wrongfully charged with misconduct
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB finding the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) liable for whistleblower retaliation
- Default Judgments as sanctions from the EEOC against the Defense Media Activity (DMA), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- A decision following a hearing before the EEOC finding DHS liable for race discrimination and reversing the termination of a probationary employee
Our attorneys specialize in representing employees of federal agencies in the full spectrum of federal employment law matters. There is no substitute for actual experience when facing a legal issue involving the federal government, including EEO complaints, MSPB appeals, and whistleblower retaliation complaints. Our federal employment lawyers have handled many cases against US federal agencies around the globe, and we understand how the federal employment law systems work. We are not afraid to take on the federal government to defend your best interests, your rights, and your career.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FINDING THE RIGHT FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ATTORNEY
As a federal employee, the laws that apply to you differ from those in the private sector. One main difference is that a federal employee has access to the EEOC and MSPB. Whatever issue you are facing, it is important to have an attorney who understands the rights of federal employees.
We know what steps to take to help you prove your EEO complaint, MSPB appeal, or other matter Although it can be intimidating to challenge the federal government, with the right legal team behind you success is possible. You need a specialized attorney for federal employees to provide support throughout your dispute, and we will be in your corner wherever we are needed.
EXPERIENCED FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT LAWYERS FOR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
The Federal Practice Group can assist you regardless of which federal agency you work for. Our federal employment lawyers have successfully fought and won cases against the following agencies and more:
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Defense
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of State
- Department of the Navy
- Department of the Air Force
CONTACT THE FEDERAL PRACTICE GROUP
The proven attorneys at the Federal Practice Group have over a century of combined experience successfully assisting federal employees through the most difficult periods of their lives and careers.