Aggressive Legal Representation for Federal Employees
The Federal Practice Group, headquartered in Washington, D.C., has a team of Federal Employment Law attorneys who represent our federal employee clients nationwide in the full range of federal employment law matters, including:
- EEO/Discrimination Complaints and EEOC Hearings
- Replies to Proposed Disciplinary or Adverse Actions
- MSPB Appeals
- Whistleblower Retaliation and OSC Complaints
Our federal employment law team at The Federal Practice Group provides aggressive and smart representation if you are a federal employee facing discrimination, harassment or a hostile work environment, or unjust discipline, or if your federal employment is in jeopardy. The Federal Practice Group, which is headquartered in Washington, D.C., represents federal employees at all federal agencies, nationwide and overseas, who are in need of legal assistance in any federal employment law matter including in EEO complaints before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), adverse action or other appeal before the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), and whistleblower retaliation or other prohibited personnel practice complaints before the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC).
Some of our recent victories include:
- A decision from the EEOC sustaining the highest compensatory damages award ever issued nationwide to a federal employee for an EEO complaint ($443,116 )
- Two decisions following hearings before the EEOC finding the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) liable for discrimination and retaliation
- A decision from the EEOC finding the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) liable for pregnancy discrimination
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB reversing an adverse action against a DIA employee wrongfully charged with misconduct
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB reversing the removal of a White House employee wrongfully charged with misconduct
- A decision following a hearing before the MSPB finding the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) liable for whistleblower retaliation
- Default Judgments as sanctions from the EEOC against the Defense Media Activity (DMA), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- A decision following a hearing before the EEOC finding DHS liable for race discrimination and reversing the termination of a probationary employee
Unlike other firms, our attorneys specifically specialize in representing federal employees of federal agencies in the full spectrum of federal employment law matters. There is no substitute for actual experience when facing a legal issue involving the federal government, including EEO complaints, MSPB appeals, and whistleblower retaliation complaints. Our federal employee lawyers have handled many cases in Washington, D.C. as well as throughout the United States and overseas, and we understand how the federal employment law systems work. We are real people who will talk to you and guide you through your federal employment law case on a step-by-step basis, answering any questions you have along the way. We fight for you and your best interests, and we are not afraid to take on the federal government to defend your federal employment law rights.
The Importance of Finding the Right Federal Employee Attorney
As a federal employee, you probably know the federal employment laws that apply to you are different from those that apply in the private sector and that there are several variations in the rights you have as a federal employee to protect your career, including differences in the EEO complaint process and discipline process. Whatever issue you are facing, whether discipline or discrimination, it is key to have a federal employment law attorney who understands the rights of federal employees and knows how to navigate through the federal administrative processes and other remedies available to federal employees suffering violations of their rights under federal employment law.
As lawyers specializing in federal employment law, we know what steps to take to help you prove your EEO complaint, MSPB appeal, or other matter, and obtain the relief you are entitled to receive under the federal employment laws. It can seem scary to go up against the federal government, especially when you career and reputation may be on the line, but you can be successful in your federal employment law case. You need a specialized attorney for federal employees to provide support throughout your federal employment law dispute, and we will be in your corner at the EEOC, MSPB, OSC, or appropriate court.
Experienced Federal Employment Lawyers for Federal Government Employees
The federal employment law team at The Federal Practice Group can assist you regardless of which federal agency you work for, including federal employees of any executive agencies and employees within the intelligence community. Our federal employment lawyers, who are based in Washington, D.C., have fought cases involving the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of State, CIA, DIA, and many more.
Our federal employment law team can provide the exceptional legal counsel you need to take on the federal government. With extensive experience in litigating on behalf of federal employees before the EEOC, MSPB, and OSC, our federal employment law attorneys are prepared to protect the rights of federal employees who need assistance in resolving any type of federal employment law matters.
CONTACT THE FEDERAL PRACTICE GROUP
The proven attorneys at The Federal Practice Group have over a century of combined experience successfully assisting federal employees through the most difficult periods of their lives and careers.