U.S. Work Visas

Posted By fedpractice || 12-Feb-2012

If your company wishes to look overseas when hiring, there will be a lot of potential barriers to overcome. The U.S. has many laws and procedures when it comes of work visas and immigration laws and it can be a great help to companies to enlist the service of an international business law attorney for representation and counsel. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the company who wishes to hire a non-national must first file a nonimmigrant petition on the perspective employee’s behalf.

One of the criteria that must first be met is in regards to the whether or not your company can hire a local employee. If this is true, the employer can submit a labor certification request to the Department of Labor. They must also file a Petition for Alien Worker, which essentially means they are acting as a sponsor for the applicant. Before going through this process and filing these applications, it is in your best interests to talk to an international business attorney from our firm. We will do everything possible to help you.Contact an international business law attorney from the Federal Practice Group today.

Categories: International Business Law