Internationally Recognized Trial Attorneys

For complex cases, trust that you have an elite team of litigators that is up to the task.
Choose The Federal Practice Group today.

Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

There are many circumstances that allow federal employees to take up to twelve weeks of unpaid leave. Under the FMLA or Family and Medical Leave Act, a federal employee cannot be removed or demoted if they qualify and decided to take the leave. If you qualify for the family or medical leave you must meet one of the following requirements:

  • Birth of child
  • Care for child within one year of birth
  • Care for a newly adopted child
  • Care for one's child, spouse of parent if a serious health condition is present
  • If you have a serious health injury that impairs you from performing your job tasks
  • If an employee's child, spouse or parent is a military service member and is in a situation that can be deemed as an emergency

An employer must provide leave for you if you qualify and upon your return, place you in a similar job position. For example, when an employer demotes you upon returning from leave, you may have a claim against your employer for violating the Family and Medical Leave Act. An attorney can provide you with experience legal representation if you are seeking counsel regarding your claim.

Are you entitled to family or medical leave?

The Federal Practice Group Worldwide Service understands what you are going through. The FMLA was formed so employees could tend to important personal matters while maintaining job security. Unfortunately, some federal employers have been found to have violated this Act, and when an employee returns from leave their job is no longer available, or a similar job is not offered. Their law firm can provide you with knowledgeable legal representation and help you resolve the issue of violations. They have over 100 combined years of legal experience, and know how to represent a client under the FMLA. These cases should be carefully managed from the outset, and the firm can help. They can help. You can make the right choice by contacting The Federal Practice Group.